Self-Employed Home Loans
If you are self-employed, you might be unsure of the necessary documentation needed for a home loan! But that doesn’t mean you can’t achieve your dreams of becoming a home owner or even a property investor.
"Low Doc" home loans are designed for self-employed people, they allow you to secure a mortgage without the financial statements or tax returns that are usually required.
We will look at the documentation that you do have available and search among our panel of lenders to evaluate how much you can borrow and also calculate your repayments.
What you'll typically need to apply for a Low Doc Home Loan
If you’re self-employed and looking for a Low Doc option, these conditions might apply:
- Be self-employed in the same industry for at least one year and supply details such as your ABN and/or Certificate of Incorporation
- Provision of Business Activity Statements (BAS) for the past 12 consecutive months, verified by the Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- Confirmation that your income has been registered for GST for a minimum of 12 months
- You may be asked to provide six months worth of statements for your primary business and/or personal transaction account
- Lenders mortgage insurance may apply depending on LVR
If you’re self-employed and looking to buy a home or investment property, talk to us how to get started.
If you've been trading for longer
If you have been trading for well over 12 months, we can assess your situation and advised what documentation is required! We will advise you to either apply for low-doc or a standard home loan. We will look across our panel of lenders to make sure we get the right loan for you in your current circumstances and will keep in touch to ensure your satisfaction with your current home loan.
Our job is investigation and asking the right questions to help you get the perfect result with your home loan.